With a Creature
- Find and approach creature, be careful many will attack you on sight or have some disease you might catch if you get too close.
- Right-click (control-click on Mac) on the creature
- Select the 'attack' icon from the pop-up menu
With another Player (PvP)
- Find and approach player
- Challenge them to a duel
- Select them
- type /challenge
- If they accept, then fight. All players may reserve the right to decline.
With another Player from another Guild
- If your guild and theirs are at war: no challenge is necessary.
- If your guild and theirs are not at war: challenge them as you would any other player.
If someone challenges you
- Decide whether you wish to fight them or not
- Are they stronger?
- Are they better armed?
- Accept or decline as you wish.
Remember: There is no dishonour in declining; it's just a game...
During combat, attacker and victim can change their combat stance, focusing more on attack or on defence.
If you lose the battle, you will die.
If you win a battle with a creature, it may have certain... items... you can sell for money. That is if you want your hands dirty with dirt, grime and blood...
- Select the corpse
- Right-click (Control-click on Macs) and select 'Loot'
- or, Type /loot into your console
- If there is anything worth having it will be added to your inventory
Quick, though... corpses disappear after a short while. (Probably just as well, or we'd be knee deep in rotting carcasses by now... *shudders*)
See also Players Guide/Combat