In PlaneShift, we aim to create a persistent world in a fantasy setting, in which every player may create characters that live, explore, and interact with maximum realism.
You will start your journey as a citizen of the realm of Yliakum, an enormous underground world filled with a myriad of races, guilds, creatures and other foes to battle, and many places to explore and find or create your own adventures. For those who enjoy playing a more quiet life, there will be many jobs and careers to choose from, and always a tavern nearby to rest your feet, enjoy refreshments and make new friends. The path you choose will be your own.
The realm of Yliakum exists under the guidance of several gods and a firm-handed government [ <- Old Players guide link!]. Here magic is an important part of the lives of the people; this is considered a gift of the gods. Beyond Yliakum, concealed by the Bronze Doors, the deadly Stone Labyrinths await eager explorers. What mysteries will be discovered? Perhaps you will be the first to rediscover ruins lost in the dark depths, or to navigate mysterious dungeons, or to uncover the fate of the great Lemur cities of Kadaikos. The adventure continues even in death. Will you become a tool of the dark?
Enter the world of PlaneShift and discover the truth for yourself.
PlaneShift is fully and permanently open source and free. Currently under heavy development in the early alpha stage, it is run by a very small team of volunteers working with no funding. Every player should know this: you are becoming a tester, not a player of a fully developed commercial game produced by a million-dollar company. As such you are welcome to try out as many of the things currently implemented as you can, and give the development team feedback.
Report bugs at http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/flyspray/ , follow the Development section of the game forum and consider giving your time to contribute to the PlaneShift project.
PlaneShift will run on most personal computers with Windows, Mac OS X or Linux/Unix operating systems and an adequate 3D-accelerated graphics card.
- Operating system: Windows (2000, XP or Vista), Mac OS X 10.4.11, Linux (2.6 kernel, glibc 2.7), FreeBSD or Solaris
- Graphic chipset: Radeon R200 (8500-9250), GeForce 4 Ti/4200Go series, or Intel GMA X3100* * Note that Intel chipsets are not optimum for PlaneShift.
- CPU: 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 or Athlon XP 2600+
- Others: 2 GB RAM , 1 GB free disk space, low noise GPRS internet connection
- Operating system: Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Mac OS X 10.5.8, Linux (2.6.27+ kernel, glibc 2.9)
- Graphic chipset: Radeon R420 (X700-X850) or GeForce FX series**
- CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+
- Others: 4 GB RAM for Windows, 4 GB RAM for Mac OS X, [need Linux], 2 GB free disk space , Broadband Internet connection
**Other cards may work but are not supported by the staff.