Take a look at the layout of "Rats" - maybe editors of this section should use this format as a template?
Some pictures would be a nice addon.
--Fellice 12:05, 24 September 2006 (EDT)
Some areas do not fit into the 3 sub-headings we have right now, others could do with another heading, maybe "Value" or "Trade" for things that can be obtained from each creature (hides, etc)? --jonmack 06:34, 30 September 2006 (EDT)
- I don't think such categories should be allowed since it would be considered as spoilers. Josellis 05:03, 7 May 2007 (EDT)
Splitting it up
Brand new to the community so hope I'm not stepping on toes. This article seems wayyyyyyy long. Might it not be better to split it up into individual creatures and use categories or something to organize it? --Lacitpo 02:34, 6 December 2007 (EST)
- I completely agree. But I would also like to get an official ok, before I start working on such a thing. --Daevaorn 13:39, 23 December 2007 (EST)
- I propose that we use a template like Template:Creature to get all the articles of one kind in a similar form and layout. That has the unbeatable advantage of making it possible to edit the layout of all creature articles at once and ex post, making also later categorization easy to handle. I set up the article about the Clacker as an example. --Daevaorn 15:39, 23 December 2007 (EST)
Daevaorn you have my word to go ahead on this as long as you make all links to this page and others about the creatures, Please do not leave any dead/broken links along the way. I dont think we need a catagory for the creatures as long as all the pages are easy to find [dont want to make it too complicated] --illori 12:13, 28 December 2007 (EST)
- OK, thanks. I still think a category would be useful, even if not used for finding the articles. Later on one might want to use a bot to do simple work on the different articles, then we should have categories, for the bot to find his targets. They do not make it more complicated. The huge amount of data that tends to be collected in a wiki is more easy to overlook and manage with them. In my opinion every article should at least be categorized once. That's why the MW devs implemented Special:Uncategorizedpages ;-) --Daevaorn 12:21, 28 December 2007 (EST)
Please make sure you find and read the books on selected beasts of ylikum, before going on with this so that all beasts are included. I am not sure we need sub-creatures [same race but different name] included. If you wish to do that put them on the same page.
--Caarrie 12:06, 29 December 2007 (EST)
List of extracted articles to replace this article after completion
- Barn Bouncetail
- Eagle Gobbles
- Serpent Gobbles
making a automatic fill page out of the main creatures page
I was looking at the source of Players_Guide and i think we can use that same idea here on this page as well as the other individual pages for each creature and the catagory pages. What do you think??
--Caarrie 09:17, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- Basically I like that idea. It's a practical solution. The only thing I find unaesthetic is the repetition of the heading within the single articles as it is in the Players' Guide (esp. with heading level 1 which should should be reserved for the articles heading generated by the wiki software). But I think we can fix that by a two-level template inclusion. I created Template:ListArticle as a proposal to handle that. The articles itsself should start their headings at level 3 then, to get a proper grouping in the table of contents. --Daevaorn 13:26, 5 January 2008 (EST)
- For the articles that have been created separately I replaced the respective parts of this article using the proposed inclusion. --Daevaorn 13:39, 5 January 2008 (EST)
- PS: I don't like the index of the Players Guide that can be found on Category:Players Guide. It's a little absurd to keep a manual listing above a page that creates an automatic listing. --Daevaorn 13:51, 5 January 2008 (EST)
- then how would you do it? --Caarrie 14:46, 5 January 2008 (EST)
- If there was a manual listing to be maintained aside from the collective article that has an automatically generated table of contents, I would have it in Players Guide/TOC or similar. BTW have you seen this edit from Tuxide. It makes my proposals from yesterday unnecessary and I find it a very elegant solution. What do you think? --Daevaorn 05:15, 6 January 2008 (EST)
- yes i saw that, if you would like to use that go right ahead, but i am wondering if all the work to do that and the main page to include all is worth the trouble at all. --Caarrie 07:20, 6 January 2008 (EST)
http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j436/Catlemur/?action=view¤t=27553ff5.jpg&newest=1 my screenshot for a Cuttroat more screenies on my album .